Q22 - It's never too late
Tommy's birthday is on March 13th. Two weeks ago, Tommy wrote a letter to his aunt Lucy. His mother came into his room while he was writing his letter.
"What are you doing, Tommy?" she asked.
"I'm writing a letter to aunt Lucy," Tommy answered.
Tommy's mother was very surprised because Tommy never writes letters to anyone.
"Are you inviting her to your birthday party?" his mother asked.
"No, I am not," Tommy answered.
"Aunt Lucy never comes to my birthday parties."
"What have you written?" his mother asked.
"Will you read me the letter?"
"All right," Tommy said, but I've only written two lines. I will read them to you. Listen.
"Dear aunt Lucy, thank you very much for your birthday present. I hope ..."
His mother interrupted him, "But Tommy, aunt Lucy hasn't sent you a birthday present yet."
"I know," Tommy replied. "I am not thanking her for this year's present. I am thanking her for last year's!"
not anyone ninguém
1. Is Tommy's birthday on March (the) 13th?
2. Didn't Tommy write a letter to his aunt two weeks ago?
3. His mother was very surprised, wasn't she?
4. Tommy never writes letters, does he?
5. Will Tommy invite his aunt to his birthday party?
6. Does aunt Lucy ever come to Tommy's parties?
7. Didn't Tommy read part of the letter to his mother?
8. Has Tommy written two lines of the letter?
9. Is Tommy thanking his aunt for her birthday present?
10. Has she sent a birthday present this year?
11. Did she send a present last year?
12. Did Tommy write to his aunt last year to thank her for her present?
13. Who is writing a letter?
14. Who came into the room when Tommy was writing?
15. Who was surprised at Tommy?
16. Who has written two lines of the letter?
17. Who sent Tommy a present last year?
18. Is Tommy's birthday on March 13th or on May 13th?
19. Will Tommy write a letter to his aunt or his uncle?
20. Does Tommy often write letters or does he seldom write letters?
21. Is Tommy thanking his aunt for this year's present or for last year's?
22. Whose birthday is on March 13th?
23. When did Tommy write a letter to his aunt?
24. Why is Tommy's mother surprised?
25. Why hasn't Tommy invited his aunt to his birthday party?
26. When did Tommy's aunt send him a birthday present?
1a) if Tommy wrote a letter to his aunt two weeks ago.
b) how long ago Tommy wrote a letter to his aunt?
2a) if his mother came into the room.
b) when his mother came into the room.
3a) if Tommy's mother was surprised.
b) why she was surprised?
4a) if Tommy ever writes letters.
b) Why he never writes letters.
5a) if he has written two lines.
b) how much he has written.
6a) if Tommy will read the letter to his mother.
b) what Tommy will do.
7a) if his aunt sent him a present last year.
b) when his mother sent him a present.