Ir para Gramática sobre texto para estudar o verbo auxiliar Did na apostila e em vários exercícios que se completam.
- Nas frases afirmativas usamos a segunda coluna da lista de verbos para falarmos no passado:
I went to the cinema last night (Fui ao cinema ontem à noite).
- A negativa é formada por didn't + a primeira coluna:
I didn't go to the cinema by myself last night (Não fui ao cinema sozinho ontem à noite).
- A interrogativa:
Did you go to the theatre last night? (Você foi ao teatro ontem à noite?)
Look at this:
They watch television every evening. (present simple)
They watched television yesterday evening. (past simple)
watched is the past simple:
The past simple is often -ed (regular verbs). For example:
work worked clean cleaned start started
stay stayed arrive arrived dance danced
- I clean my teeth every morning. This morning I cleaned my teeth.
- Terry worked in a bank from 1986 to 1993.
- Yesterday it rained all morning. It stopped at lunchtime.
- We enjoyed the party last night. We danced a lot and talked to a lot of people. The party
finished at midnight.
try tried / study studied / copy copied / stop stopped / plan planned
Some verbs are irregular (= not regular). Here are some important irregular verbs:
Lista dos verbos irregulares ingleses
- I usually get up early but this morning I got up at 9.30.
- We did a lot of work yesterday.
- Caroline went to the cinema three times last week.
- Jim came into the room, took off his coat and sat down.